Thursday, June 09, 2005

Lonliness

I'm feeling very lonely today as a dental hygenist has been mean to me on the phone already and now my boss doesn't talk to me ever. I kind of liked the fact that he didn't talk to me at first, but now it's getting old because I never know what he's thinking about. He has stopped responding to my emails which may mean that he's either fighting with his wife or he wants me to quit.

Unfortunately, I can't find the perfectly balanced boss. It seems like the last normal boss I had was back in 1996. Since then, I've worked for micromanagers or absentee managers. Is there something in the middle, where someone maybe would speak a few sentences to me twice a week and not try to undermine my efforts to serve them? Is that too much to ask?

I am beginning to think that the only bosses left in I.T. are totally emotionally unstable people. This does not bode well for the future employment prospects....sigh. Too bad I can't make money while sitting on my fishing boat. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>Unfortunately, I can't find the perfectly balanced boss. It seems like the last normal boss I had was back in 1996. Since then, I've worked for micromanagers or absentee managers. Is there something in the middle, where someone maybe would speak a few sentences to me twice a week and not try to undermine my efforts to serve them? Is that too much to ask?

No. Best Wishes finding one more balanced. Siber has never once really had a normal boss and manager at the same time, and often both abnormal at once. I have not had enough jobs. :-) I think Siber and i personally prefer the absentee flavor, since we are very self-directed. With the caveat that the absentee has to give us serious clues about what they want, and keep us informed of changes.

>I am beginning to think that the only bosses left in I.T. are totally emotionally unstable people.

Think of the crazy software y'all deal with. Would stable people put up with that?

))Sonic Purity((
Typing into an itty bitty text box via a 1997 bowser web browser.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home